Hammer® Force is a fast acting contact herbicide that desiccates and controls weeds through a process of membrane disruption. Hammer® Force is rapidly absorbed through the foliage and green stems of plants. The foliage of susceptible plants show signs of desiccation within a few hours following application. Death of the weed or plant tissue follows within a few days. Use in mixture with other herbicides will extend the weed spectrum, speed up knockdown, and improve control of some hard to kill weeds including mallows.
Hammer® Force can be added to contact and systemic herbicides to speed up knockdown and improve the control of certain broadleaf weeds. Application of Hammer® Force for broadleaf weed control should target small actively growing weeds. Under warm moist conditions, herbicide symptoms may be accelerated, while under very dry and cold conditions, the expression of herbicidal symptoms is slower. Weeds hardened off by drought are less susceptible to Hammer® Force.
Cereals and Grass Seed Crops
Hammer® Force should always be tank mixed with another approved herbicide to broaden the weed control spectrum and improve weed control compared to either product applied alone.
DO NOT tank mix Hammer® Force with the following to avoid crop injury:
• In cereals, Ester formulations of Herbicides
• In cereals, herbicides that contain isoproturon (IPU) e.g. Cougar*, ioxynil e.g. Combine*, bromoxynil e.g. Axall*
• In cereals, EC formulations of Insecticides and Fungicides.
• In cereals, Triazole fungicides e.g. Opus*, unless testing on the cultivar being treated has shown no phytotoxicity.
• All crops: Surfactants or Oil adjuvants, unless required by the mixing partner. Prior to applying Hammer® Force clean the spray tank to remove any wetters or adjuvants remaining from previous spray operations otherwise crop injury may result.
• All crops: Selective Grass Herbicides e.g. Wild oat herbicides. Allow 10 to 14 days after Hammer® Force application before applying grass herbicides.
Resistance Weeds Warning
This product contains a Group E herbicide. Continuous use of this product may eventually lead to a build-up of weeds resistant to it. This can be prevented or delayed by using in mixture or alternating with a herbicide from another group. Use strictly in accordance with label instructions.
IMPORTANT: Apply this product carefully. Spray drift may cause serious damage to other desirable plants. Toxic weeds may become more palatable after spraying with partner products and Hammer® Force may concentrate this effect.
Add half the required volume of water to spray tank and start agitation and then add the measured amount of Hammer® Force. In cereals, add the required volume of the companion herbicide next. (If tank mixing with a dry flowable formulation, add the DF to the tank first), then add buffering agent if required then the balance of water to tank. Maintain good agitation at all times until spraying is completed.
The spray solution can be buffered to within the range of pH 5 to pH 8. DO NOT use with tank additives that alter the pH of the spray solution below pH 5 or above pH 8 or that contain surfactants.
Drift Management: Hammer® Force will clearly demonstrate any off target drift into non-target vegetation by way of brown pin spots (drifted fines) or brown blotches (drifted large droplets or spray). Follow all precautions on this label to minimise off target drift. Drift management is the responsibility of the applicator.
Caution: Use of Hammer® Force around non-target plants
Hammer® Force is a contact herbicide and may cause damage if off target drift occurs. DO NOT allow drift on to crops as 'spotting' can occur.
Guidelines to manage spray drift include:
• Apply through a calibrated sprayer with correct nozzles and spacing. Use the lowest boom height possible appropriate to the target plant size.
• Use recommended nozzle pressure to produce a medium to large droplet size.
• If flat fan nozzles are to be used the addition of LI 700* may help minimize production of fine droplets.
• Apply under good conditions (not too windy or dead calm).
||Nozzle Drift Potential
| Air Induction
||80° Flat Fan
|| 110° Flat Fan
|| XR Flat Fan
|| Hollow Cone
Rainfall and Irrigation: DO NOT apply within 1 hour of rainfall or Irrigation.
Storage & Disposal
Storage: Store in a cool dry place avoiding temperatures above 35°C.
Container disposal: Ensure the container is empty. Triple rinse empty container and add rinsate to the spray tank. Recycle empty container through Agrecovery (0800 247 326, www.agrecovery.co.nz). Otherwise crush and bury in a suitable landfill. DO NOT reuse this container for any other purpose.
Product disposal: Dispose of this product only by using according to the label, or at an approved landfill or other approved facility.
DISCLAIMER: This is not the Hammer® Force label. To view or print the label for this product, click the "SDS/Label" tab at the top of this page. Always follow label instructions.
For specialist advice in an EMERGENCY only phone:
Transport Emergency: 0800 387 668
24 hr Emergency Medical Information: 0800 111 174, TOLL-FREE, ALL-HOURS, NATIONWIDE